Igreja Episcopal Anglicana do Brasil

Geographical Area: 8,500,000 Sq Km

Population: 172,600,00



Primate of Brazil & Bishop of South-Western Brazil
The Most Revd Francisco De Assis Da Silva


Provincial Secretary
The Revd Arthur Cavalcante
Provincial Treasurer
Mrs Silvia Fernandes


Expatriate Anglican chaplaincies were established in Brazil in 1810, with missionary work beginning in 1889, after the separation of Church and State. The Province, which is one of the few Portuguese speaking churches in the Communion, became autonomous in 1965. In 1990, Brazil's economic and social problems prompted the Partners in Mission Consultation to focus on three priorities: education, service, and expansion. Estandarte Cnstao, the monthly Church journal based in Porto Alegre, has been published since 1893.

Provincial Secretary Login