La Iglesia Anglicana de Mexico

Geographical Area: 20,000,000 Sq Km

Population: 99,400,000


Presiding Bishop of La Iglesia Anglicana de Mexico & Bishop of Northern Mexico
The Most Revd Francisco Moreno


Provincial Secretary
The Revd Canon Alfonso Walls
Provincial Treasurer
Ms Laura Gracia
Theological Colleges


The Mexican Episcopal Church symbolically began with Mexico's war for independence in 1810. Religious reform in 1857 secured freedom of religion, separating the Roman Catholic Church from government and politics. In 1860, the newly formed Church of Jesus contacted the Episcopal Church in the United States, seeking leadership, guidance, and support. In 1958, the fourth missionary Bishop of Mexico was the first of the Church's Bishops to be consecrated on Mexican soil. The Church became an autonomous Province of the Anglican Communion in 1995.

Provincial Secretary Login