Mrs Enith Tulloch
Address: Church House,2 Caledonia Avenue, Kingston 5, Jamaica
Tel: +1 876 926 8925
Fax: +1 876 968 0618
Description of Organisation:
The Jamaica Church Missionary Society is the recognised missionary agency of the Church in Jamaica & the Cayman Islands in the Province of the West Indies. The Society focuses on spreading the Gospel of Salvation with special relevance to human needs, as demonstrated by the life and ministry of the Incarnate Christ.
The Society was established in 1861 as a subsidiary of the Church, intended to target those sections of Jamaica's population 'Hard to reach with the means of Grace'. For many years the Mission Stations established and maintained by the Society provided the only means of reaching the masses of the population with the Christian Gospel and basic elementary education.
Programmes & Events:
The specific functions of the society:
- To plan evangelistic and teaching missions
- Carry out an on-going program of evangelistic and social outreach
- Undertake the dissemination of literature designed to educate and stimulate for greater involvement in mission on the part of the clergy and laity
- Provide for training of lay leadership for the Missions
- To accept responsibility for the establishment of Mission Stations in new areas
- Raise funds for missionary work in Jamaica and overseas
Area of work: