Provincial Directory: The Church of the Province of Uganda
Map and Statistics
|Geographical Area:||241,000 Sq Km|
After its founding in 1877 by the Church Missionary Society, the Church grew through the evangelization of Africans by Africans. The first Ugandan clergy were ordained in 1893 and the Church of Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi became an independent Province in 1961. The history of the Church in Uganda has been marked by civil strife and martyrdom. In May 1980 the new Province of Burundi, Rwanda, and Zaire was inaugurated; the Province of Uganda has grown since then from seventeen to twenty-seven dioceses.
Primate:The Most Revd Stanley Ntagali
Provincial Secretary: The Revd Canon George Bagamuhunda
Provincial Treasurer: Mr Moses Makasa
More information & links within The Church of the Province of Uganda: