Provincial Directory: The Church of Ceylon (E-P to the Archbishop of Canterbury)
Map and Statistics
|Geographical Area:||65,610 Sq Km|
Until 1970, the Church was part of the Church of India, Pakistan, Burma, and Ceylon. The first Anglican services were held in 1796, and missionaries began their work in 1818.
Colombo is the older diocese having been founded in 1845 and Kurunegala in 1950.
The Church continues as extraprovincial under the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Provincial Secretary: Mrs Barbara Praesoody
More information & links within The Church of Ceylon (E-P to the Archbishop of Canterbury):